My students don’t always like to speak English with me. But they rarely pass up an opportunity to draw a picture of my face.
This is my face at Fall Conference.
Here are five student interpretations of me. They range from cute and funny to disturbing.
- Janine-o’-lantern – From a Halloween lesson, in which the students drew pictures on jack-o’-lanterns.
- Witch Janine-o’-lantern – From the same Halloween lesson. I guess we were out of brown markers by the time the students colored my hair.
- Model Witch Janine – From when I dressed as a witch for Halloween. The picture is stunning, but my dress was not that short that day!
- Ashley Madison Janine – For an advertising lesson, one of my student groups wrote a poster and a commercial for an online dating service. They drew a parody of an Ashley Madison ad – with me as the model!
- Buried in the Mountain Janine – Some of my boys are obsessed with wanting to bury me in a mountain (disturbing, I know). For our advertising lesson, they advertised a music album called “Going to the Mountain.” This was the accompanying poster.
Note to self: stay away from mountains.